About St. Monica’s Alliance
St. Monica’s Catholic Teaching School Alliance
Our Teaching School Alliance provides a framework for school-to-school improvement and collaboration which is designed to improve the quality of teaching and leadership. With our strategic partners, we provide training and support and identify and co-ordinate expertise by using the best teachers and leaders.
The following values underpin our work:
- A strong belief that school led and school-to-school collaboration are fundamental to sustained improvement.
- Openness, honesty and trust based on ongoing dialogue and self-evaluation.
- A positive, solution focused outward-facing approach.
- Commitment and a willingness to engage positively with the expectations of the alliance and its activities and to operate within the agreed framework.
- A strong moral imperative to develop excellent teaching and learning through peer challenge, review and support.
- A commitment to evaluating the impact of alliance activities on improved standards and classroom practice.
- A commitment to developing leadership at all levels, prioritising agreed CPD activities and evaluating their impact.
So we can deliver:
- Improved professional development opportunities for staff
- Access to a wide range of professional support from other teachers
- Recruitment and retention of talented staff, including NQTs
- Develop coaching skills in order to develop the practice of others
- Improved leadership and teaching standards to produce improved outcomes for pupils